GMM Covergirl Contest is a contest where we’re looking for the first ever Cover Model of our printed magazine! September/October GMM will officially be one year old and we want to celebrate it with a paper magazine! At this point we’re not sure if the paper edition will continue past the inaugural edition? Or if it’ll be something we do on every year of the anniversary? Until that is all decided, we’re going to go with the initial paper print.
When we speak with each of the photographers, they all feel their photo/models should be the cover. We Editors have those we think should be the cover model and when we ask on our Facebook page, everyone thinks they should be the cover model. We Editors feel the best way to choose the cover model is to have YOU, the readers vote and pick! This will be the best and fair option and one we’re doing!
Do you want to be the GMM Covergirl?
The rules are simple:
1.) Submit a photo, any photo of you. It should be a really good one.
2.) You will be put into a contest where you will need to have people vote on you. GMM has a steady flow of readers that will vote, but the more of your family and friends you have voting, the better.
3.) The winner of each segment will be advanced forward to the Semi and Finals.
4.) The winner will be given a full photo-shoot by one of GMM’s Staff Photographers which includes hair, makeup, photo and video shoot. The winner will also be featured through out GMM and all it’s social media sites.
5.) The winner will be the issue Centerfold and have a four page 15 photo layout.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Glamour Model Magazine Cover Model Competition (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage eligible Models (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) to submit images with the hopes of becoming the first ever Glamour Model Magazine paper edition magazine winner. Judges will be contest voters and staff of Glamour Model Magazine and Models will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the“Rules”).
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that your submission of entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and GMM with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: (a) be 18 years of age or older (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal age, for example, a “Government issued photo id”);(A) have obtained a release or permission from photographer (if owned) for photo submitted. (b) Provide photo copy of government issued id to prove age 18 years or older. (c)Models need not be featured in GMM previously to have successful submission into the contest. (d) All photos will contain an additional “watermark” of GMM. Any photo not containing the GMM mark is ineligible for contest submission.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on March 1st, 2014 12pm Eastern Time (ET) Zone in the United States and ends on July 30th, 2014, 11:59 Eastern Time (ET) Zone (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change.
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, simply scroll to the bottom of this page and fill out the questions and submit a photo of your Government issued identification along side of three – five of your best photos. The staff of GMM will chose the best photo for the contest. Please no nudity. Implied nudity is O.K.
5. GMM REQUIREMENTS. The GMM and supporting statements must meet the following criteria (“Glamour Model Magazine Requirements”):
- The photos or imagery must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, torturous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- They must not contain full frontal nudity in anyway or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state or country where Glamour Model Magazine operates.
- The images must be of the person submitting. Under no circumstances can friends or family submit for others.
- If the photos are from a Professional Photographer, the image must remain in tact and release from photographer be on file. Any model that submits images from a professional photographer that doesn’t obtain a model release will find their entry revoked. If happens, the staff of GMM will decide if model can be resubmitted at a later date.
- They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- GMM is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to GMM, it’s Sponsors, Staff or a third party.
- The images are of the highest quality and standard.
- The entrant agrees to not buying votes or using extraneous recruiting practices. Entrant also agrees to remain professional and not slander other entrants. Professionalism is a must.
- If the winner is in a state that doesn’t have a GMM staff photographer, the winner agreed that they could be flown to a destination of GMM’s choosing to work with one of GMM’s staff photographers.
- Tie-breaker: In the event of a tie at any level of voting, the judges will re-evaluate the tied models according to the Criteria until the tie is broken. The tied models will be put up for a re-vote amongst the judges at the respective level until the tie is broken.
6. PUBLICITY. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by Glamour Model Magazine at GMM’s expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by Glamour Model Magazine. Glamour Model Magazine will contact Entrants in advance of any GMM-sponsored media request for interviews.
The photos may also be used for press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the contest. Glamour Model Magazine reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the Entrants with the top 50 votes, the Finalists and the Winner on the Contest Site or through other media for publicity purposes.
7. ELIMINATION. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
6. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER. Google is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed Doodles or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s/consumer’s ability to participate/vote respectively. Google is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
8. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Glamour Model Magazine reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Glamour Model Magazine further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Glamour Model Magazine reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
18. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of Contest Entrant, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Glamour Model Magazine, or the Contest Entities. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their imagery voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and Glamour Model Magazine or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s submission of images under these Rules.
Comments or questions are welcome.